Benchmark Engineering Inc. provides services in the following areas:
• Project Management
• Drilling, Completions, Workovers
• Abandonments / Suspensions
• Economic evaluations
• Well Licensing
• Data submissions to regulatory bodies (OGC, ERCB, SIR)
• Liaison with Government Agencies
• Mining Projects – Freeze Holes, Coring
• Wellsite Supervision
Benchmark Engineering Personnel:
Wade Johnston (P. Eng) – President
With an extensive oil and gas background, Wade brings a diversified skill set to his President position at Benchmark. Prior to attending University, Wade worked on service and drilling rigs and performed oilfield maintenance where he gained valuable experience. Having worked on production, drilling and completions operations across a number of areas in Western Canada as well as in the Gulf of Mexico, Wade is experienced in a variety of fields. He has looked after numerous projects from both the office and field, providing him a well-rounded understanding of all procedures. While he is currently focused on drilling projects, Wade is familiar with both drilling and completions operations.
• Graduate of the University of Alberta in 1999 with a degree in Petroleum Engineering
• Active Member of APEGGA and APEGS
Nels Eckland (BCom) - Business Development
Nels has over 18 years of managerial experience. Nels started with Benchmark in December 2007 and is currently responsible for client relations, managing all field consultants and downtown sales.
• Graduate of Royal Roads University where he attained a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Entrepreneurial Management.
Warren Thorhaug (CET) - Drilling / Completions Technologist
Warren has over 16 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. He brings to Benchmark a solid understanding of critical sour, deep hole, horizontal, and directional completion and drilling environments. Warren has several years of management experience as well as a solid understanding of budgeting, planning, and the supervision of major projects. Warren currently looks after both drilling and completions programming and operations.
• Graduate of Murchison Drilling School, Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2008
• Graduate of SAIT in 1998 with a Petroleum Engineering Technology Diploma
Grant Fischer (P. Eng) – Completions Superintendent
Grant has been in the oil industry since 1973, his past positions providing him with a wide range of experience. He has programmed and supervised drilling, completions, and workover activities. Grant has also been the on-site operations manager of a heavy oil battery and of production facilities. An active member of APEGGA, Grant plays a vital role in Benchmark’s operations.
• Graduate of the University of Alberta in 1973 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering
Kelly Kalo (C.E.T.) – Drilling & Completions Technologist
Originally from Brooks, AB, Kelly has been with Benchmark since 2008. He is currently assisting in-house with drilling and completions operations, but has gained field experience working on rigs and for various production service companies. Kelly is also responsible for submissions, licensing, and other documentation to the ERCB and SER.
• Graduate of SAIT in 2007 with a diploma in Petroleum Engineering
Jesse Peterson (P.E.T.) – Drilling & Completions Technologist
Also from the Brooks area, Jess looks after both drilling and completions operations at Benchmark. Jess has not only worked on drilling and service rigs, but worked in the field running tractor tools, supervised coring rigs, and been a production optimization technologist. He has accumulated diverse experience by engaging in SAGD projects, well completions, work-overs, and innovative technical software programs.
• Graduate of SAIT with a Petroleum Technology Diploma in 2005