Typical areas of service include:
- Making connections
- Assisting with research, proposal preparation or other required processes
- Providing information on and assisting in the exploration of economic development opportunities and issues
- Maintaining current information regarding our region, its communities, its economic base, and its small business community
- Partnering with others in the region to address community and regional development
- Referrals to appropriate service organizations
The business development role of the corporation is to provide individuals and businesses with the following services:
- Technical Assistance – assisting with business planning and research
- Financial Assistance – providing non traditional financing to viable business ventures
- Training – delivering or facilitating access to training in various business capacities.
These business advisory services assist the potential and existing entrepreneur to establish or improve a business. Clients are assisted in every way from development of a business plan to preparing cash-flow projections to exploring options for financing or training.